Sunday, October 26, 2008

San Antonio Dental Convention


This is going to be just the first of many entries, I have fell a little behind--Again!! I had the opportunity to attend the San Antonio, Texas American Dental Association convention. There is a couple in our ward (he is a dentist here in town and has a very successful practice)they are trying to get a Dental supply discount company going, and they had asked me if I could help them out. I have been typing up a practice manual for them, and was asked to attend the convention with them so I could run their exhibit while they met with different suppliers to get their business. So, once again Melinda stepped in to help! She came down on Wednesday night to watch the kids while Brian worked during the days. Then Friday night Brian took the kids to Salt Lake to stay at my parents house while he went deer hunting (again!). My parents watched the kids until I got home very late Saturday night! It was a fun trip, I have never been to San Antonio, and it was actually a pretty nice city. The couple that took me made sure our evenings were full, we ate and some great restaurants and took a carriage ride around the city and learned many interesting facts about the place, we even visited a real Hotel that is supposed to be haunted, in fact, some one had just checked out early that day because there was noises and voices in his room that night. It was a very successful convention for their business and I had a great time, I did miss my kids and husband, but it was kind of fun to talk business with people again.

2 comments:

Melinda & Issac said...

yeah yeah... what can i say im the best!!! i miss the littel brats already. im glad you had fun though. just remember this for when i have kids in like 20 years.

ANGELA OR PAUL said...

looking professional Ash, hopefully we'll beable to join in a few yrs when we get around to the real practice, sounds so wierd, and is goin to be here before we know it!!!