Monday, September 14, 2009

'Till we meet again!

Last week Brian and I attended the funeral for a friend of ours, Levi Tracy. Levi passed away Sunday, September 6th, at 26 years old, after a short battle with cancer. Levi was diagnosed with cancer, just over two months ago. Levi leaves an amazing wife and our friend, Wendy, and a daughter, Kady (18 months old). Wendy and Levi's family did a great job with his viewing and funeral, we all smiled as we walked into the funeral home for the viewing and at the front door was parked Levi's Harley, along with some other bikes belonging to friends. (Levi's Dad and brother's were joking that they all were finally able to ride Levi's bike, because Levi NEVER let anyone ride his bike) His obituary stated "Levi was a man who worked hard and played harder" Some of his favorite things were on display as you entered the funeral home, they had his dirt bike helmet, boots and clothing, snowmobile clothing, his bow and hunting equipment, his Harley vest and helmet, and his work shirt and hat, all things that made me smile, because that was all so Levi. Levi had asked those who spoke at his funeral to keep it short, and they honored his wishes while doing a great job at celebrating his life. Levi's wife Wendy has been such an example to me. She has an amazing unwaivering faith. These are going to be hard times for her, but she knows Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and that she will be with Levi again. We love Wendy and Kady, our prayers are with them at this painful time for them. I just had to share the picture that was on the back of the funeral program-I love everything about this picture, I love that you can tell it is Levi, even from behind, I love that he is doing what he loved, I love the scripture they quote, I love the scenery, the sky, the road, the view, I love the symbolism between this picture and life, this picture brings to my mind, we are all on our own "rides", enjoy it to the fullest. Thanks Levi, for the reminder:)





1 comment:

Wendy said...

Ashley, Thank you so much for your guys friendship. I am so thankful for all the support and prayers. Levi will be missed greatly but he is doing Heavenly Father's work and waiting for Kady and I. Love you Guys and thanks again.