Friday, July 17, 2009

My attempt at being self-sufficent!

As we have for the last three years, we planted a garden this year. And tried some new fun things this time, we planted Artichokes, and Broccoli, along with our normal green beans, peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, crook necks, pumpkins, cantaloupes, cucumbers, onions, lettuce, spinach, carrots, peas, strawberries, and raspberries. And they are doing wonderfully! The rest of the garden has struggled a little bit, but everyone I have talked to has been having a little bit of a hard time this year. I think all of the rain in June slowed us down a little--too wet! But all in all I think it may be a little slower, but I think we will have some pretty good results in the end, and I will probably be complaining when I am trying to get it all canned! Yes, that is 75 feet long by 30 feet wide!










If you come up to see us we will share!!! another shameless ploy to get visitors!!

1 comment:

Kyle and Shara Gibson said...

I am so JEALOUS!!! I can't wait to have a home so I can have a garden! It looks fantastic!!