Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our house guest's

About a month ago while we were out of town a robin decided the vent off of our fireplace looked like a great place for her nest. She picked a pretty good place, because it is warm all of the time. She was probably wishing she chose somewhere else, because everytime we went out on the back porch she would fly away and sit in the bushes and watch us. I climbed up there and saw about 4 beautiful blue eggs. We lifted the girls up there to see them also. So, we watched for a couple of weeks while she sat vigil over her eggs. This week I noticed she hasn't been sitting on the nest as often. So, I climbed up and sure enough there were 3 ugly baby birds and 1 egg in the nest. I have showed the girls and they think it is so fun we have baby birds! The other night Aspen said "Mom I want to feed the baby birds." So, I asked her if she knew how the mommy bird feeds her babies. She said "No". So, I told her the mommy bird finds worms and chews them up and spits them in the babies mouth! Needless to say she doesn't want to feed the birds anymore!!

1 comment:

Kyle and Shara Gibson said...

That is so fun! I bet your kids love to see the birds! Not everyone gets that chance.