Sunday, January 18, 2009

Would it be THAT wrong to never go to sacrement meeting again???

Something awful happened at church!! SACREMENT MEETING!! With the new year came a change in our church schedule, now we start at 9 am, AND sacrement is LAST!!! It is awful, not the 9 am thing, but the sacrement meeting being last thing! Reason #1 Porter is right in the middle of nap time and he has grown out of the sweet, cuddle on your lap fall asleep anywhere stage and grown INTO the climb all over, cry at everything and not give up and fall asleep for anything stage! so much fun:) Reason #2 BRYLEE!!!! Need I say more! That girl is going to make church miserable. She started going to her Sunbeams class which she loves and they love her every week her teachers and someone in the primary presidency tells us how good she does-of course she is GOOD for them!!! Then sacrement meeting starts!!! AAAUUGGHH!!! Today it started with Brylee singing "Mary had a Little Lamb" as loud as she could, during the first hymn, yes-you can laugh- every one else did too! ok everyone except me!!! Then it was "I want to color" "I want gum" "I want candy""I want (whatever toy Aspen or Porter had)" And then it would start all over again!!! I had to go up front and sing with the Young Women which left Brian alone with the monsters, while up there, I could hear Porter screaming and the best part was Brylee dancing to the song in the middle of the aisle!! (One boy told his mom "look she's bustin' a move!"-so yes, people noticed!!) Two different people gave my kids candy to "help" ha ha One of my friends gave Brylee candy with a note that said "It is funny when it is someone else's kids!" Gee I am glad I could make someone smile!!! And during the song with the Young Women an older lady was sitting in the VERY back of the church came all the way up to us to give the kids smarties, again to "help", instead. Porter threw a fit because he could not get the wrapper open, then screamed louder because Brian took them from him to open them! So, needless to say by the end of church Brian and I were exhausted and embarrassed and the kids were on a major sugar high! (I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the candy, because it was really nice) And during all of this Brylee was having "panty problems" they kept going up her bum-so in turn she kept lifting her dress up to remove them, and she was not very lady like about it!! Well, I have to take the blame for this one-when we got home I discovered her panties were on backwards- which meant the skinny front part, was in the back!! OOPS!
Even with all of that I know that we are teaching our children where they should be and what they should be doing and that we will be blessed for being obedient. At least that is what I tell myself-over and over and over!!! And as a side note Aspen was wonderful through all of this, she quietly colored or laid on my lap. See I am not a total failure!!

5 comments:

ANGELA OR PAUL said...

hahaha I can laugh cuz I wasn't the one embarrassed!!! I would have been cracking up too but if it were me I don't think it would be as entertaining. LOL

Amy said...

wow, I didn't even hear your kids... maybe thats because mine were not very quite either!!-- lets stay home next week!!!

Phil and Karen said...

Don't feel bad, we have sacrament last and it is a challenge, but you'll get use to it. Your day sounded crazy and hilarious, but at least your child didn't ask loudly, "Mom does Jesus have a peanee or a bagina?!"

Trish said...

I love Brylee-she cracks me up!!

D'N K said...

I wish you could see us in sacrament meeting. YOu would feel sooooo much better. My kids are very naughty, loud and out of control. I'm sorry, but I bet you'll read this later and just laugh. Brylee is so full of life, she is a doll!