Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The loss of a dear friend...

Today has been a sad day for me, I am mourning the loss of one of my best friends.
Rest in Peace-Dr Pepper addiction!! Now to be fair it has only been two days, but it is real this time-I am comitted!! I hesitated posting this just yet, because if I fall "off the wagon" then it could be a little embarrassing. But, I also think that maybe I will be more likely to stick to it if EVERYONE knows (because I KNOW "everyone" reads my blog). I have made this life changing decision for a few reasons: first "Hello, My name is Ashley and I am a Dr Pepperaholic" , no really I am addicted seriously! I know some of you are laughing at me right now, and that's ok, but for those of you who have similar weaknesses you know how I feel. I figure my addiction is definitely against the word of wisdom, because it has control over me (I stopped at the gas station to fill up my car after my spinning class, and I got a Dr Pepper, no big deal you say---IT WAS AT 6 AM!!! see I have a problem). So I am taking control back! My second reason is that in 5 months I turn-------well, lets just say I turn OLD!! And the worst part is, I feel old!!! I know that cutting out the sugar, carbonation and caffeine will help me loose the weight that I would like to, while helping to feel better, eventually-right now I have a withdrawal headache and feel like crap!! I am also hoping it will help me look younger also. Please don't judge me, this is just one way I am trying to be a better ME! Two days down! Now wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

If you rode with kim and me in the morning you wouldn't be able to stop for that 6am fix!!I'll be keeping my eyes on you... Good luck, you can do it!!!

Eryn White said...

good luck, I am in the same situation. I have to have a coke/pepsi everyday I dont need anything else to keep me going in the day except for a soda. I want to lose some weight too, and know the pop has to go. You can do it and hopefully I can too!

Anonymous said...

You can do it. Don't fall of the wagon. I switched to diet Dr Pepper and now I can't stand the real stuff. I only drink it once in a while at work when I can't stay a wake. I am right behind you on the age thing wow we are getting old but I don't feel old.

Kara said...

Every time I see a Dr. Pepper I think of you! I hope you are still with it. And about the getting old stuff- I woke up on "that day" and freaked out for an hour or so, but realized that age is only a number. You will always be young if you live young. and judging by what I have seen on your blog- you will never get old!