Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Watch out Betty Crocker-Here comes Brian!!

I am suffering from a bruised ego at the moment. Brian made bread-beautiful bread!!!


Let me explain= In an effort to become more domestic, save money, and learn how to use what is in my food storage, I have been attempting to make homemade bread. I have tried three different recipes. One from the internet, one from a friend, and then yesterday a lady Brian works with brought a recipe and a sample for Brian. So, today I tried the recipe and got the same result that I have gotten every other time=flat, brick-like bread!! When Brian came home I was a little miffed to say the least. So, he thought he was funny and kept going over the recipe asking if I did everything it said, needless to say that only made me more upset! I am by no means a gourmet chef, but I do pride myself on being a good cook. I enjoy cooking and I enjoy people enjoying what I cook even more. So, I said "You think it is so easy-you try it!" So, he did!! I went to young Womens and came home to three beautifully perfect loaves of warm, delicous bread!! Good job Brian!! yes I am BUGGED!! My husband should NOT make better bread than I do - It's like a law somewhere!!!
My bread is the one on the left, HIS is on the right!! (I am rolling my eyes right now, because he keeps saying "would you like me to teach you how to make bread?") I have decided it is now his job, and again he thinks he is funny and says "So, now I am the bread winner and bread maker!" Does anyone think he is funny? I DON'T!!!! I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but I am bugged. WHY CAN'T I MAKE BREAD????

This is what happened to my bread!!


9 comments:

Ashley said...

It's ok Ashley, ask Brian if he can put his hair up in a pony tail

Rochelle

Ashley said...

That last comment was posted by the lady Briaa works with, who gave him the new recipe--apparently first thing this morning he had to show everyone at work his beautiful bread and my crappy bread! He is such a show off!! And as far as pony tails go--YES I am a pro (when you do something EVERY day you can't help but be good at it!)

Anonymous said...

I have tried to make rolls and they came out rock hard. So I gave up maybe Brian can teach us both how to make bread.

Anonymous said...

Aaron Says: Brian, you go big dog!!!

Phil and Karen said...

Don't feel bad, just get even. I would go and buy perfect bread and claim it as my own! Or, I would make it in the bread maker. Can't go wrong there!

Ashley said...

I have tried the bread maker--three different times! And it did go wrong!!! I can't win!

ANGELA OR PAUL said...

that looks nummy!!! you need to post the recipe on our fam blog! My mom use to make homemade bread for all of us growing up we loved!! looks just like it, except she lost her recipe. LOL i think Bri even called her and asked for it but she lost it!! imagine that LOL

Trish said...

I am truly and udderly impressed!! Don't worry Ashley-my homemade rolls that I have made a hundred times now are better used as a baseball than to eat!! Just one less thing that you have to do!

Kara said...

If it is any consulation, I have not been able to bake a loaf of bread from scratch either! I have a difficult time making bread from store bought dough too. I have made friends with a neighbor who makes wonderful bread. So if the time comes that I need to provide for my family... she will help me. Otherwise we might starve.