Friday, September 17, 2010

Zoo, June 2010

I know that none of you really care what we did clear back in June, but this blog serves as my family journal, so I am going to attempt to get it updated.


Back in June I took the kids to Salt Lake, we try to do this every summer, and hit some of the fun things to do around there, things that we miss. And of course one of those is the ZOO!! The closest Zoo to us is in Boise, and I have been once, compared to Hogle Zoo it is very sad to say the least! This year Aunt Melinda came to have fun with us at the Zoo (and really to help me!) we also had Aunt Trisha, Colton, Sydnee, and Haylee come with us! The kids were so excited to have their cousins with them! We hit the Elephant show, saw the baby elephant, watched the bird show, rode the train and carousel, and pretty much hit EVERY animal in between!! As always we had a great time. Aspen and Cloton were our tour guides, they carried the Zoo maps all over and would direct us where to go next, it was pretty cute.





The Penguins were one of our favorites, we watched them for a very long time, and I could only get pictures of the back of the kids heads. The penguins would line up and jump in the water swim around really fast and crazy then all jump back out, shake off their bodies, then line up again and do it again-it was pretty cute! Thanks for your help Melinda!! (side note: when Porter saw this picture he said-"Look Mom it's me and you!" I was pretty excited-Melinda is 6 years younger than me!!!)




Waiting for the bird show-see Colton's map, planning our next stop!





These pictures are really blurry-they were moving and I couldn't get a good pic!











Riding a Tiger!!



No comments: